Tuesday 3 February 2009

you touch my life

you touch my life

I know what it feels like
to feel a warm gentle breeze
grazing my skin
sunlight nibbling the anxieties from my mind
cradling me softly
in its golden arms

I’ve been there
when a tender new born spirit
wraps its tendrils
around proud hearts and eases tears
of incredulous joy
across beaming faces

I have breathed deep
of pine filled forests
as I gazed on
the majesty of meandering snow slopes
adorned with
plumes of rugged rock

I have rejoiced
with the heroes of the hour
as laughter and pride
shone like a slick rain soaked square
as the sun pierces the clouds
justice done karma repaid

I have felt the pain
of unrequited love
gnawing beast-like
as it strips the bark of sanity from the heart
inveigling its way
into waking dreams

and now I feel a sharp torment
of a love spanning worlds
burning deeply as if just two doors down
powerless to act
longing to ease
yet happy that you touch my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger