Tuesday 3 February 2009

any port in a storm

any port in a storm

I stand on the back step
sharp bite of winter morn
peppering my bare arms
as the lorry drives away
and my mind judders
in a convoluted, writhing sphere
of endless nightmare
and soporific betrayal

foggy shadows
swirl through the distance
reminiscent of hot summer days
spent playing hide and seek
ringing bells of leaden loss

I was on the beach that day

in that reverie
of meandering youth
endless fun and laughter
suddenly shattered
with a reality of the now
reeling me back in
electric jolt seizing hard
with a grim truth of

lost, mislaid, vanished
a cacophony of disorientation
like a ship adrift on a beguiling ocean
tossed and hurled, willy nilly
sentenced to wander
seeking the safe haven
of family or friends,
lovers or enemies
oblivious to any distinction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger