Thursday 5 February 2009

Disobedience

Disobedience

There was no way they were getting me there! The damn cheek of it! After all I was part of the family, what did they think they were doing? As far as I was concerned I had never put a foot wrong and this was how they were rewarding me. I tell you it made my blood boil.
Well when I say I had never done anything wrong .... there had been a few minor upsets. But nothing major, nothing life threatening. Mm there had been the odd ... misunderstanding ... For example that time they had been to the Cash and Carry and they had brought a huge joint of beef home, but they had also bought a turkey and a big joint of pork and some scrawny looking bird, a goose I think it was. Anyway I didn’t know they were saving it all for some special occasion, bah humbug, Christmas. I could never get into that.
It all seemed a bit pointless really. They used to go out and spend fortunes on all kinds of rubbish for people they hardly ever saw from one end of the year to the next. They’d have all these parties where people would bring a bottle, normally the cheapest plonk they could find or a few cans of insipid beer and then they’d guzzle all the good stuff that Nesta and Harry had bought and fall about laughing and making fools of themselves.
I always got a little angry at those events and I must admit I was not exactly good company to be around. Nesta usually had a word with me before these events and I would kind of agree that it would be best if I stayed in the bedroom and kept my nose out of things. Oh yes there was one time recently that I admit I had made a bit of a fool of myself. It wasn’t my fault entirely though. One of the guys who came had shared a few beers with me and to be honest me and alcohol didn’t really mix.
I had conked out for a while in the bedroom and I woke up hours later to the noise of a couple coming in to the room. I had one eye open and my head was wrecked, I was lying low and was as quiet as a mouse. Next thing I know this guy, who I had taken a dislike to years before, seemed to be attacking this lovely looking woman with long blonde hair. Well it only took a second for my head to clear. I just kept seeing him in that stupid clown outfit that I had first met him in, I hate clowns they are so spooky, and I kind of leaped on him and wrestled him to the ground.
Perhaps I should have thought a bit more but when I saw his hands all over that beautiful blonde and heard the little whimpers she was making I just kind of snapped and wanted to save her.
Harry and Nesta had made it clear to me that biting one of their guests was inexcusable and they had promptly booked me in for dog obedience lessons.
Me disobedient? The damn nerve.
©2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger