Tuesday 3 February 2009

Weeping Woman

On one occasion at The Tate in Liverpool I enjoyed the Picasso Exhibition and in particular I was moved to write about the Weeping Woman ( http://www.artinliverpool.com/blog/images/oct07/PICASSO-Weeping-Woman.jpg)

Weeping Woman


I saw a past today
conjured up
from an angry vision
a pain filled
human face
jumping out
from a canvass
the jagged face
weeping corrosive tears
peeling back the very skin
to hard white bone
fabric of society exposed
knife-like kerchief
strangling the cries
of uncontrollable angst
it rips through the viewer

strident yellow
illuminates the backdrop
and a crown of orange
lends normality
to what was
an insane world
and the tears
cascade into her flesh

I saw the present today
and the weeping
woman
cries on
despite
the protests
and

I wept
as I saw a future

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger